Monday, August 27, 2007

Backpacking Trip






I just completed a backpacking trip through the southern part of the Wind River Range of mountains in Wyoming. This picture shows the group I went with. To see all of the pictures, visit my online photo album.

Even though the pictures show some gorgeous scenery, they don't do justice. This part of the country is very beautiful. You can't really capture it with a camera.

We were at 10,000 - 12,000 feet in elevation for most of the trip. Since I didn't pack my oxygen tank, breathing normally was out of the question. The hike involved lots of climbing up and down the passes to get to the different lakes we camped at each night. Overall it was just under 40 miles (14.5 of that on the last day)

For the most part, the weather was perfect. We had a hail/lightening storm come in that put us in a bit of a tight spot for a little while, but we survived.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm thankful you brought Ike back in one piece...or he brought you back in one piece...either way, I'm glad the lightening didn't get ya!

Tylershark said...

Thanks for helping make it a perfect trip. I can't wait to see what we're going to do next year.

Chris said...

Thank you Tyler, for inviting me along. I had a great time. I too am looking forward to many more trips in the future.