Monday, August 13, 2007
Feeling Old
I have some mixed feelings right now. I am ready for Summer to end. Don't get me wrong, I love summer. We spend a lot of time outside doing lots of fun things. However, for some reason, I feel like this summer was especially busy. Swim team, vacations, volleyball camp, soccer camp, etc. I felt busier this Summer than any other time. So much for the lazy days of Summer. So even though I am ready for the next season to begin, I am feeling very old this week and am not ready for what lies ahead. The kids are starting another school year. For the 1st time ever, we will have all 4 kids in school full time. Zach was in Kindergarten last year, but it was half-day so it didn't feel so bad. Since I work from home most the time, Robyn and I were able to spend a lot of quality time hanging out with just Zach. This year we have a high schooler and a middle-schooler! Caitlin in 5th grade, and Zach in 1st grade. I don't feel old enough to have a daughter going to high school. I know the next 10 years are going to really fly by.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You know who looks old to me, Chris? The fifty year old guy dropping his kid off at kindergarten...how would that feel?
Chris,
The next time you feel old, remember that I am older than you are. Attitude is everything! And, yes you are too young to have one in high school. I can't BELIEVE how much she looks like Robyn! Choke. Have you got a good security system on you home? Say hi to your family!
Post a Comment