Saturday, October 09, 2004

Typhoon Last Night in Tokyo


http://www.japantimes.co.jp/cgi-bin/getarticle.pl5?nn20041010a1.htm

I decided to head out for Dinner around 6:00pm. It was pooring down rain so I selected a restaurant that was right next to a subway station. My hotel is also right next to a subway station. So I thought I was pretty safe from getting wet.

Crossing the street to the subway station left my umbrella broken and the bottom half of me drenched. I made it to the Subway OK. I then walked up the steps from the other staion to head to the restaurant and standing at the top of the stairs a gust of wind hit me and knocked me off my feet. Luckily I grabbed the railing just in time to keep from falling down the flight of stairs.

The restaurant I was heading to was right there so I darted indoors.

I was the only one in the entire restaurant. The food was great though. Indian.

I also experienced a 5.7 Earthquake this week as well. Not the best week to travel to Tokyo.

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000101&sid=afwf3HaPj3Mk&refer=japan

No comments: