So last night I am strolling around town looking for someplace to eat dinner. After a week of eating Fish, Rice, and using chopsticks at every meal I was really craving some good ol' American Cuisine. So after passing about a dozen noodle shops, sushi bars, and starbucks, I was about to give up and just eat some Japanese when all of a sudden I turned a corner and there it was....The Golden Arches of McDonalds. My heart almost skipped a beat.
Normally I can't stand McDonalds, but last night it was a little piece of heaven. I got inside and the staff didn't speak english and the menu was in Japanese so I had to rely on the International communication tool that I have frequently used on this trip. I pointed. I pointed at a Quarter Pounder with Fries and coke. Of Course, this is McDonalds (even though it is on the other side of the world), so I didn't get my Quarter Pounder, instead I got a Big Mac. But that was OK. A Big Greasy burger that I didn't have to use Chopticks on was my goal and that goal was accomplished.
1 comment:
McDonalds tasted exactly the same. Probably better, but it could be because I was craving it.
The sushi is more adventurous. I like the simple sushi like the rolls, etc. Here they have a lot of exotic stuff that I don't care for. When I ordered Spaghetti and it came with Salmon Eggs on top, that was a little too much. I will post a picture I took of a store window at a Sushi Shop.
All the restaurants have plastic displays of their food that you can look at. IT makes it easy to order because you can just point to a dish.
Post a Comment